The Point Marriage Preparation Course begins Nov 3rd, if you are interested please contact Victor on 604-376-4263 or email@example.com for more information or register below to reserve your spot.
Time & Days: Over 2 weekends, Fridays, November 3 and November 10 (7-9pm) and Saturdays, November 4 and November 11 (9:30am-1pm)
The Marriage Preparation Course is designed for those exploring the possibility of marriage, engaged couples or newly married couples wishing to build a strong and lasting relationship.
The course begins with snacks, followed by a talks and opportunities for couple discussion (just you two as a couple) over various exercises. Privacy is respected, there is no group discussion or group work, and no requirement to disclose anything about their relationship, but couples can discuss issues with a married ‘support couple’ if they wish. Part of the course includes a Couple Surveys. It is an online survey that helps couples highlight issues that are important to discuss before getting married; it also affirms areas of strength in their relationship.
Below is some more information:
What is it?
- Over 4 sessions spent together you will learn important tools that will enable you to make your marriage work and last a lifetime. Additionally this an online Couples Survey, that helps couples highlight issues that are important to discuss before getting married; it also affirms areas of strength in their relationship.
Who is it for?
- Any couple who want to develop strong foundations for a lasting marriage
- Couples welcome, with or without a church background
Some of the key topics covered:
- The importance of commitment
- How to recognize and appreciate your differences
- The art of communication
- Resolving conflict
- Spending time together nurturing your friendship
- Making each other feel loved
- Developing a good sexual relationship
- The importance of talking about your goals, values and dreams
What about privacy?
- Privacy as a couple is always respected
- There is no requirement to disclose anything personal to a third party
- Couples communicate with each other
- Couples may ask to meet privately with the Support Couple to speak through issues in private.
What people have said:
- ‘The first session was absolutely amazing. We discovered things about each other that we had not realised in the three years we’ve been together.
- We had issues that both of us were too scared to bring up, but did during the course.’
Do I need to be a Christian?
- No, most people who come have no religious background and the material while based on Christian values doesn’t push anything.
- $100 per couple. This includes a refreshments, the course, online couples survey coast and individual course manuals. Space is limited (we like to keep it to just a few couples) so please register as soon as possible, by emailing Victor @ firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment. Cheques should be payable to “The Point – WBA”. (Limited refund after the first session only.) — Note: Bursaries are available, please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss this option